Monday, March 10, 2008

why do i feel like i am taking crazy pills?!?!?!

Ok, so I have been a student for longer than I care to think. Honestly, if my first day of school (way back in the early/mid-80's) had been my first day working for a corporation, by now I would have a pension and be counting down the days until retirement. Alas, in reality -- I am preparing to enter the workforce for the first time. This is semi-sickening.

However, the silver lining in all of this school has been to develop an acerbic wit. Some say this is more of a problem than a gift -- and if we were going to discuss those haters in the future we would refer to them as "idiots".

An unintended consequence of all this school is that I expect classes to be a boiled down trudging through material and any disturbances that derivate from that experience infuriate me.

For example, I was in class today and we were reviewing the policy arguments and legal considerations associated with patenting life forms. [NOTE: while I am sure I am supposed to have a stance on this, I really could care less.] In argument against the patenting of life, a guy in the class ("McJackAss") starts his argument, citing Frankenstein as a reason for NOT granting patents on life.

OK, if you are opposed to patenting life forms -- thats fine with me. As previously stated, I don't give a crap. However, if you are going to argue against patenting life forms, and the best evidence you can find is a FUCKING WORK OF FICTION, maybe its time to revise your position.

Law school is not cheap, McJackAss. Last time I checked this shit was more expensive than calling sub-Saharan Africa collect. Thanks for wasting my time and money. My children are going to be hungry tonight because some idiot wasted Daddy's hard earned money by talking about Frankenstein. [Ed. Note: I really don't have any kids.] I hope you are happy, McJackAss. I am going to get my $$ out of you somehow.

No comments: