Sunday, March 9, 2008

UNC Rules, Clay Bennett Drools!

Alright . . . the mighty TarHeels topped the Blue Devils of Duke (appropriately lead by the collegiate equivalent to the devil -- Coach K). Why is this important? It's really not -- unless you are a Duke fan. If you are, you no doubt woke up this morning feeling unfulfilled. How did the Heels defeat the Devil's Machine? Rebounding and being original gangstas! HA HA HA. In the words of a Rainier Beach cheerleader (circa 1988) -- "Sha-RITA, Capricorn!!!"

But, with the good comes the bad. The Sonics are leaving for OKC. Its a done deal. Gregoire said on Friday that she doesn't see a way to keep them in town. Stern sided with Devil2.0 (Clay Bennett -- I bet he is related to Coach K) and screwed all of us to bring an NBA team to the 43rd largest market in the U.S.

Normally, I would poke more fun at Steve Ballmer (of MSFT -- "DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS!!!" fame), but like a good filthy rich guy, he got a few of his buddies together and tried to make something happen by throwing millions of dollars at our problem. However, apparently this is too little too late.

Meanwhile, the team has quit on Carlesimo (yeah, because no one saw that one coming) and every asset we had not named Durant or Green has been traded for twenty five cents on the dollar. However, the OKC Sonics have something like 5 first round draft picks over the next 3 years and enough cap room to do whatever they want. This is making me ill to type.

Can anyone say collusion? I have lost all faith in David Stern (read: the NBA is dead to me), Devil2.0 (you are now on my shit list), Howie Schultz (responsible for this whole mess -- and your coffee sucks) and Christine Gregoire (If the alternate were anyone aside from Dino "I Hate Education and Teachers" Rossi . . . she would not be getting my vote).

At least Karate Kid, Part II is on TV to comfort me in this, my hour of need.

No comments: